Monday, March 23, 2009

Alcohol best in moderation - like everything else.

But yet, studies must be done: Modest Alcohol Consumption May Release Endorphins.

One or two drinks, you're good, and those opiate receptors are happily responsive. Anymore than that and anxiety and depression are on there way. For some, anyways. My dad used to get super depressed after a few drinks about 3 or 4 days later. He was alcohol free for six years. But now he's off the wagon, and it took a few tries, but he's found his limit (again). It was interesting in the meantime. Thank god my 10 year old brother is a pretty cool kid.

Myself, for the most part I do pretty good. I am most commonly a binge drinker - when I go out, I'll have 4 on average, and I got out 2-4 times a month. I realize this is not healthy, but I'm a fun drunk and not too messy. I have friends who would tell me if I was, anyways. I wonder if at some point my body chemistry will change and once I have a night like that, my mood will go down the pooper. I'll enjoy it while I can.

Hm. I wish they quoted the actual article, it mentions groundbreaking methods using live and free moving animals, animals unstressed and uninhibited. Yet in a lab. With numerous tests being done upon them. Oh yeah, I'm sure they're unstressed. Let it be known, however, I'm not against animal research, theoretically - it needs to be done to properly study cause and effect. But I don't think about it too much because it makes me sad. Anyways, point being, how free and unstressed are these animals?

Well, at least their opiate receptors are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In My Head


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones